• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Teresa

we always have sewer smell thoughout the house when we use tub or shower and when it rains its even worse. PLEASE tell me what to do.

Thank You

LJ in TX

does always mean ever since you have lived in this house or did it just recently start happening? sounds mysterious enough you may have to hire a plumber to locate your problem. are there any signs of backup in your sewer line when it rains that may be causing sewer water to back up into a tub/shower or sink…dont think that could cause it though. you got me stumped unless you got a failed P trap on that one particular shower/tub that is not holding water adequately to prevent sewer gases from entering the house. you might make sure the vent pipe for that bathroom is not plugged up either ..that may require you to go onto the roof with a sewer snake–but most likely this would not be the cause of the odor in the house.!!! good luck and post back on your findings with a PRO Plumber. LJ

DAVID

PLEASE HELP!!! I HAVE A 4 MO. OLD HOME.I GET A SEVERE SMELL OF SEWER GAS “ONLY WHEN IT RAINS” I’VE HAD THE VENT CHECKED,A PRESSURE TEST,A NEW SEAL INSTALLED IN THE TOILET, EVEN CUT A BIG HOLE IN THE WALL AND STILL CANNOT FIND THE SOURCE.THE STENCH IS ONLY IN ONE BATHROOM.IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT/WHERE COULD BE THE PROBLEM PLEASE RESPOND.THANKYOU,DAVID

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.