• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 19 years ago by Unregistered-pdereau.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      HenryinMI
      Participant

We have a Fridigaire stove with a self cleaning oven. It’s been a while and we need to run it thru the cleaning cycle but have forgotten the exact instructions. Does anyone know a source? The stove is 10-15 years old.

Thanks.

Henry in MI

Unregistered-Mike

For a newer stove. Simply take everything out of there. Press self cleaning. Leave it until done. Temps get up to 600 degrees Fareighnheit and could smoke a little. No worries, its just burning the crud.

I would imagine its the same for an older stove.

Go to Frigidaire.com, they’ll have help.

DanO
      Participant

** We have a Fridigaire stove with a self cleaning oven. It’s been a while and we need to run it thru the cleaning cycle but have forgotten the exact instructions. Does anyone know a source? **

** The stove is 10-15 years old. **

I’m afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance you have in order to determine how it functions. If you get the full model number *off the appliance’s model and serial number tag*, you may be able to get a replacement manual for it if you’ve lost the original.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number tag on your appliances in the ‘Repair Parts’ section and also find owner’s manual resources in the ‘Home Service’ section of my site linked below.

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Frigidaire+Range
      The Appliance Information Site
      =D~~~~~~

HenryinMI
      Participant

The one who is supposed to keep track of the instructions for things like stoves spent some time searching the Fridigaire site and found the instructions for a similar stove. We thought that the model number was on the back of the stove which is pretty much impossible to get to. But in cleaning before starting the self-cleaning oven cycle, we found the plate with the model number, checked again at the site and had a very successful oven cleaning session. Thanks for your comments, Mike and DanO.

Henry in MI

Unregistered-pdereau

Hi, My Fridigaire self cleaning oven is stuck closed. The oven must think it is cleaning and no matter what buttons or timers I touch, it wont open. It’s been about a month. Any idea where to fix it or a website with a manual? Can’t even see the model number since it wont open.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.