• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      BRIAN

I MOVED INTO MY NEW HOUSE. IT HAS A GARAGE DOOR OPENER WITH A REMOTE. THE WALL BUTTON WILL OPEN AND CLOSE THE DOOR BUT THE REMOTE WILL NOT. THE BATTERY IN THE REMOTE IS NEW (I REPLACED)BUT IT STILL DOESN’T WORK. I NOTICED THERE ARE SOME “DIP” SWITCHES INSIDE THE REMOTE BUT I HAVE NO MANUAL. CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET SOME HELP. IT SUCKS GETTING OUT OF MY CAR AND WALKING AROUND TO OPEN THE DOOR. THANKS

Jim -ATS

FIRST OF ALL, PLEASE TAKE OFF THE CAPS LOCK>>>>

There should be dip switches on the remote AND the back of the opener unit. They should be in the same positions on each unit, and I recommend you change the settings from what they used to be or the old owners could come back with the remote they DIDN’T give you and clean you out.

Beyond this, Craftsman openers are made by Chamberlain. You should be able to get a replacement manual for your opener from sears or chamberlain, although I would probably go for the latter.

http://www.chamberlaingroup.com/ResidentialHome.html

Have fun with your new home!

Dodgeman

If the house is new, won’t Sears stand behind the Warranty?
      In general, I have had very good luck with Sears brand openers. The last one I owned was a 1980 version. It would operate by the remotes up to 1/2 mile away! I kid you not, 1/2 mile! Of course it was a line of sight from the top of one hill in my car to the top of another where the house was located. The only trouble I ever had was the wire heater windings burning out for the bi-metal strip for the light electrical contact. I think Jim-AST and BC are correct, set the dip switches to a new combination.

Samuel

sir, my wife came into our garage last night and as she let the door down I heard a loud noise, later that night I was going out, tried to open my garage door and the door would only come a foot off the floor. I checked to see if there was any obstacles, the sensors and looked for other things, it just does’t work. All looked intacted.

thanks

John Shih

Bob,

I just have my garage door opener replaced 6 months ago.

It worked fine until recently.

When I open the garage door, it comes up completely. Then it slides back 6 to 8 inches.

Please advise how to fix it.

Thanks,

John

Chance M. Dragich

the door will not close, the eyes are all lined up, if I hold down the main button it will go down, and it has no trouble going up. Now the lights on the eyes stay on all the time no matter where you point them. Is there any way to jumper or bypass them. or is the trouble inside on the board?

robert libbon

motor does not run all the time. Hums when motor tries to run. Took unit down ,changed all gear drives(both gears) Changed bushions on motor worm gear drive. This all occurs on my work bench. Also happens when hooked to chain on ceiling.

Willis Logan

My remotes on my garage doors will not work anymore. Here is my numbers on my 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener. FOC ID:HBW 1127 PART # 41A5021-2C

IT ACTS LIKE IT HAS LOST IT PROGRAMING. I CHANGE THE BATTERIES IN THE REMOTES & IN THE PAD ON THE WALL. NONE OF THE REMOTES WORKS. PLEASE TELL

HOW TO RE-PROGRAM THE CAR REMOTES AND THE PAD REMOTE.

WILLIS LOGAN

M artin Strybosch

The motor of the garage opener runs as it should when called for, but it does not move the door nor the chain that controls the door.

Even when the tension to open the door is put on maximum, the door will not move.

M artin Strybosch

The motor of the garage opener runs as it should when called for, but it does not move the door nor the chain that controls the door.

Even when the tension to open the door is put on maximum, the door will not move.

M artin Strybosch

I would appreciate receiving advise, parts list and instructions, since I lost mine.

Sears Craftman 1/2 HP Part # 41A3625 K.O.C. MDC cert # K711

FCC ID HBWID3605

Thank you

Martin Strybosch

Penny Kelly

My husband and I just bought a house the previous owners lost the remote to the garage door.

It is a Sears Craftman, 1/3 hp .The numbers on the unit are 41A4315-7B FCC#HBW1058.

Can we still get a remote if so where do we order one.the date on the door is 12/94.

Also can a manual be gotten? Thank you for your help.

Sincerely, Penny

Priscilla

We just moved into a house with a craftman garage door opener and the pervious owner did not leave the code is there a way to reset it?

Gwangsoo Kim

I am a owner of craftman’s garage door opener. Most time I used remote control unit. Lately I would like to change my keycode number of keyless entry. But I could not find how to adjust the keyless entry on owner’s manual. I called several places to ask how to adjust the keyless entry. But service department told me I have to request the service officially. And they will charge for service.

I believe that sears has some system to give technical help for simple operation.

My garage door keyless entry’ model number is 53645.

Please somebody explain how to use and change the key number of keyless entry.

They also told me that most explanation is on web site. But I could not find at all.

Please somebody explain to me.

I have used so many sears products, but I have a feel that it ‘s getting very difficult to have better service that I used to have.

Thank you.

Adriano Pimienta

I very intersting in buy craftman door opener and eventually represent in our market.

We have a very important market for this systems in our country and actually we haven´t an offer this motors for supply our costumer.

For supply our market, we have to bring from Panamá or import from Miami.

Please, send us price FOB and CIF Cartagena or Barranquilla port in Colombia for door opener sears-Craftman.

Likely, we would like to know what possibilities

we have in represent like commercial agent or distributors in Colombia?.

Best Regards,

Eng. Adriano Pimienta V.

Anne Taylor

Our children bought us a replacement garage door opener unit . ( there is one there now but it is broken ) ..they purchased the same brand …

What would the cost be to have someone come out and install ?

Thanks ;

Anne

Jairo E. Tovar G.

Hola Bryam:

Hablando con mi hermano Juan Guillermo Tovar, el me ha dicho que ha tenido negocios con usted directamente.En el día de hoy pretendemos ver la posibilidad de comercializar algunos productos de los que usted comercializa se ha tenido en cuenta los siguientes:

Motor craftman de 1/2 hp con 2 mandos y riel de acero en “T”.

Mandos sears con codificador.

Sensores infrarojos para este tipo de motorf.

Kit de piñon, sin fin, y bujes.

Y otros repuestos.

Quiciera estudiar que propuestas tiene usted y que cantidades y precios maneja para una posible importación que podamos ser competitivos en nuestro mercado.

Si usted ya tiene un distribuidor directo aquí en colombia con quien yo pueda negociar favor me das el dato para contactarlo.

espero su pronta respuesta y le agradezco de antemano su atención.

Jairo E. Tovar G.

e-mail ajsolin@hotmail.com

indupuertas@epm.net.com

elove

Garage door co. came over and replace the door, and call themselves lowing the opener. They disconnect the wiring, now the lights don’t come on, sometime they blink when using the remote. Anyone Know the wiring for the light on craftman door opener?

thanks

Unregistered-avi

.My key pad for my garage door opener is not working I chance the batery and it just blinks rapid

Unregistered-miguel

where to buy by the internet the electronic card of the 1/2HP

Unregistered-peterdefrank

MOVED INTO MY NEW HOUSE. IT HAS A GARAGE DOOR OPENER WITH A REMOTE. THE WALL BUTTON WILL OPEN AND CLOSE THE DOOR BUT THE REMOTE WILL NOT. THE BATTERY IN THE REMOTE IS NEW (I REPLACED)BUT IT STILL DOESN’T WORK. I HAVE NO MANUAL. CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET SOME HELP.
      I also have what appears to be a key pad next to the garage and not sure if it is actually a key pad to open the door. How can I determine the use of this key pad and if a garage door opener reprogram it. I looked on BV link but couldnt find any articles/videos on this particular subject. Please help.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.