• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Laurie Carlson

I have real rough textured drywall plaster on my walls that can take the skin off your nuckles. I would like to sand it down to a smooth finish, without having to re-apply new plaster. I would prefer to use an electric sander of some kind in order to expedite the process verus doing it manually. Some suggestions I have received is to use a paint scraper, but I’m afraid that I would mare the drywall.

Fed Up With Sears

You will want to wear a dust mask and goggles, as sanding will be very messy. I would suggest that you should also look for drywall sandpaper for your sander. It kind of looks like screen material but works wonders on joint compound. Good luck!

HandyAndy
      HandyAndy
      Richard Griffin

If the drywall compound texture has not been painted, it can be removed with a wet sponge or spritzing with warm water bottle.

Lightly wet small area with warm water and rub away with sponge. this may take some work but no dust.

You could also try an old steamer but be careful that you do not cause the paper facing of the drywall to bubble.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.