• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Marie Dee

Dear Bob
      My nephew spilled super glue on my antique desk, any suggestions on how I can remove it?

Thank you for your time
      Marie Dee

Henry in MI

Hi, Marie. Bob is in China now supervising the reconstruction of The Great Wall. And when he finishes that, he will be putting Palladian windows in the UN Building in New York, so it might be a while. In the meantime, I will try to help.

The solvent for ACC (Super Glue or Krazy Glue) is acetone. Unfortunately, that is also a solvent for the finish on your desk. So your first question will be whether to remove the Super Glue and end up refinishing the desk. The cure could be worse than the disease.

There are many post on refinishing on the board and you might want to search for more detailed info but basically you will have to strip all the old finish off and apply a new finish if you decide to go that way. We will be happy to try to answer any specific questions as they arise.

Sorry
      Henry in MI

Shirley Noland

How can I remove spilled super glue from a kitchen counter top????

Thanks

talley

help. i got super glue on my mouse ball and all over my desk. actually it was crazy glue . what to do any tips??

michelle

I was gluing some wood together (for a little project) and some of the wood glue dripped on the carpet. I was wondering how could I remove the wood glue from my carpet?

wayne

I have spilt some mitre glue on my laminate flooring,please can you suggest something to remove this. Thanks

Mary J. Nelson

Super glue was spilled on my wooden desk, any suggestions on how I can remove it?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.