• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      tk

How do I find a remodeling contractor in my area just like *** ****, a person who will come to my house, listen to what I want, tell me what is feasible for the lowest price possible, an be full of decorating ideas? I have an unusual house with lots of angles, slanted walls, etc. I want a new bath upstairs by incorporating a closet into the bath and to move the washer/dryer up in the same area if possible. I would also like to put a screened poarch on the back of the house, and perhaps extend a couple of the rooms. I have no idea what this might cost, so don’t really know I can do. I also want to install wood floors downstairs. Might try to do that myself.

Jay J

tk,

… Sounds like you need an Architect and an Interior Designer?! Maybe an Architect who can do BOTH???!

You can hire an Architect to just consult. Simply put, you 2 talk and they make drawings, and you go back-and-forth until you get what you want. Granted, ******* isn’t an architect but he does use them as well as Interior Designers. This Old House (TOH) uses this type of ‘team’ all the time. They usually have a Landscaper and a General Contractor. Architects are like artists; they have to have some imagination. Their background lends themselves well to your situation.

You’re gonna pay some good $$$ for professional advice from an Architect. Work with them on their services and you’ll do just fine! That’s the route (+ the Interior Designer ‘person’) I suggest. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: If you’re looking for the ******* type, and find one, let me know!

matthew moser

I am in the process of remodeling my back poarch. It was 11 1/2 ft. long by 4 ft wide. It was also 3 1/2 ft off the ground with two columns holding up roof. My objective is to lower the poarch to ground level and extend the poarch out making the new poarch 11 1/2 ft wide by 18 ft. How is the best way to support the roof while working around it? there is a brick wall that will be comming out that is in the way

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.