Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi, I have been having problems with my fridge, It keeps triping the main circuit breaker to the house.

If I switch the circuit breaker back on and plug the fridge in and turn it on, straight away it will trip the circuit breaker again.

Its not until I use a hair dryer the dry the parts behind a panel inside the freezer where the evaporator coils are can I get the fridge to work again but only for a few hours. Then it will trip again.

My guess is it could be a faulty defrost heater. Because after a few hours when the heater comes on, water maybe geting into it and making it short out. Could I be on the right track and if so how do I confirm that it is the element. Thankyou for any help you can share with me.

Regards from Noelene

DanO
      Participant

** fridge **

Make? Model number??

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances in the ‘Repair Parts’ section of my web site linked below.

** My guess is it could be a faulty defrost heater. …water maybe getting into it and making it short out **

That might be a possibility.

** Could I be on the right track **

If it only occurs when the fridge is in a defrost cycle (ie. not ‘running’), that *might* be a possibility… although I don’t recall ever coming across such a case myself. Otherwise the heater should not be in the circuit to cause a short.

** if so how do I confirm that it is the element. **

Check the heater circuit for a short to ground *when the problem is occurring* (ie. before defrosting it – but unplugging the appliance first of course).

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com/parts/?ref411=Fridge
      The Appliance Information Site
      =D~~~~~~

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.