• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ann halsell

I’m in the process on rent a place with a 2000 sq. ft. linolium floor that as previously been treated with a ‘floor’ paint or stain mixed with varathane. It was bright red and of course is scratched a mess. Is there any way other than repainting the floor to deal with this, and what kind of paint etc. would I use? This will be in a steak house uner heavy traffic.

Sabrina

Other than strip, buff, seal, and refinish it… There basically is nothing and that all depends if your flooring can stand up to a commercial buffer….

Henry in MI

Hi, Ann. Sorry, but I don’t agree with Sabrina at all. A painted wood floor would not stand up to the heavy foot traffic in a restaurant and painted linoleum would be even worse. You need to replace the floor with commercial tile, linoleum or other commercial flooring. I’m really surprised that the health department people let you get by with the paint flaking off or perhaps they did not see the problem. Painting the floor again will just cause you more problems in the future.

Good luck
      Henry in MI

stacey palmer

I have read the same question but haven’t been able to see a response so is it possible and how does it look and wear

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.