• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Murphy Summers

Has anyone had success with RL Duchess Satin Paint…we keep getting fisheye or otherwise known as cratering. Have tried waterbase anti cratering additive – still cratering. Would appreciate any response. Thanks

Henry in MI

Hi, Murphy. Fisheye/cratering is usually caused by silicones and I was wondering where they might have come from. I have the feeling that some tack rags actually have them. The only “sometimes” cure that I have found on a substrate like fiberglass is a thorough rinse with acetone, but I have no idea what might work on wallboard/painted walls. My best guess is a sanding to remove the craters, then a primer like BIN or Kilz, then repaint.

As far as the RL paint, I have not used it but there have been at least 2 other posts with complains about this particular product. One person had to apply 6 coats to cover. Sorry that I can’t give you any more info on the RL paint and I’m sure that I will not be using it.

Henry in MI

Jay of OKC

Hello,

I had to apply two coats to my bathroom. Everything turned out fine except the smell. I call the 800 number on the back to complain. They told me to make sure the area is well ventilated. It may take 14-30 days before the smell goes away. You may want to call the 800 located on the back of the can to get a solution. Take Care and GOOD LUCK!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.