• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Pollster

Surgeon General’s Warning
      All answers are NOT confidential, and may reflect on your addiction to this website.

1) Favorite TV Home Improvement host?
      a) *** ****
      b) Dean Johnson
      c) JoAnne Leibler
      d) Norm Abrhams

2) Favorite co-host?
      a) Ryley
      b) Robin Hartyl
      c) JoAnne Leibler
      d) Norm Abrhams

3) Favorite message board poster?
      Fill in handle: ______________

4) Least Favorite message board poster?

5) Most humorous message board poster?

6) Scale of 1-10 (10 being most), how much strain has this board
      had on your relationship with your significant other? ______

7) Has anyone actually learned anything here? _____

8) Why “isn’t Bob here”?

9) How can we get paid for this?

10) Why did you waste your time on this quiz?

Thank you for your input, and the results of this survey will be
      shown on the February 29, 2001 show! 😉

Jay J

1) e – The Furniture Guys (from Philly!)

2) #1 is a co-hosted show. (I guess the answer is e – the ‘other’ Furniture Guy …)

3) Bruce! He’s been looooong gone from the Board but he was my favorite …

4) The X-guy …

5) Martha in Westport, and Bob, once they both get going w/each other …

6) None, 0, Nada. (I am whipped, though …)

7) Yea, well, no. (If I share what I learned w/you all, I’d confirm how much of an idiot I really am …)

8) Right now, Bob isn’t here because he’s redoing Martha’s new house. (I have no explanation for you as to his whereabouts, specifically, over the past few years. I’ve been so busy on this Forum that I haven’t found time to watch his shows …)

9) I guess we can get paid by asking Bob. (Once you can locate Martha’s new house, you can bring this matter up w/him …)

10) Uggggh!!!! For a minute there, I thought you were serious, you dog! Well, to answer your question, I had a few minutes between Posts. (And my significant-other said I could answer this post before lunch. She said it sounded important …)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: I plan on hitting the National Lottery on 02/29/2001. Can’t the results be moved to another day ??!

Jim -ATS

1 & 2(Favorite TV Home Improvement Host & Cohost) I have to agree, my favorite home improvement team is the furniture guys, (Jim shamefully cannot remember the name of the show or their names) but the favorite episode featured duct tape. They refaced an entire kitchen with it, and with the spare rolls, refaced an entire Levi’s jean jacket with it. I laughed anyway.

3. (Favorite board poster) That’s like asking who your favorite child is. I especially like bc, Jay J, Henry, Regina, Ed, and WICK, though others come and go.

4. (Least favorite) Can I say that even though there are some who were my least favorites, there is so much humor that couldn’t have happened without them. Thank you to “Gutterless”, “X-Guy” and Terry Keiser.

5. (Most humorous) Bob and Martha bake the cake…

6. (Stress on spousal relationship 1-10) 12 (it doesn’t help that the computer is 15 feet from our bed…)

7. (Learned anything doing this?) I’ve been getting a lot less exercise lately. I don’t jump to conclusions like I used to. I have learned that even if I do think I know what I’m talking about, I still have to put 500 qualifiers on what I say (in my opinion) in case the local building code is different, or that the poster lives in an especially arid part of Texas.

8. (Why isn’t Bob here?) Bob is actually a computer animated spokesman codeveloped by SEARS and Public Television. He was the prototype for the Internet Newscaster that debuted last week. He and Laura Croft came from the same studio. So, to answer the question, “BOB” isn’t really anywhere.

9. (How can we get paid for this?) Bribes. Endorsements. (Actually, I got a chance to bid on some work because someone saw me here first…) You never know where it comes from. Besides, if we got paid, this would become more like WORK.

10. (Why did you waste your time on this quiz?) My therapist suggested I take more risks to help me deal with my intense predisposition towards shyness, and my introvertness. She also suggested that typing could help relieve my urges to paint bricks, tile, and bathtubs.

Wick

1. Favorite host, *** ****. He doesn’t have to do any of the labor!

2. Favorite co-host. Robin Hartyl, she’s a BABE and Bob
      needs to steal her away from Dean, plus she’s better looking than Martha!

3. Favorite poster. Dr. Home, sorry to say though he hasn’t been around for a couple of years.
      Second favorite poster, hmmmmmmmmmmm, all the regulars.

4. Least favorite poster. Mister “I’ll spam you guys EVERYDAY you cry babies”

5. Most humorous poster. Jay J (you old dog).

6. Strain on relationship. 7, unlike Jim-ATS my computer is in a second bedroom.

7. Learned anything here. Yup, learned that it’s a weird cyber-world out there.

8. Why Bob isn’t here. He’s still helping me remodel a birdhouse out back, and
      then he’s going to help me build my very own doghouse.

9. Getting paid for this. Maybe if we threw a picket line up in front of Bob’s home
      we might be able to negotiate some settlement.

10. Wasting my time. Just wanted to add my 2¢ worth.
      Wick

Jay J

1) Favorite TV Home Improvement Host: The Furniture Guys (from Philly!)

2) Favorite co-host: #1 is a co-hosted show. (I guess the answer is: The ‘Other’ Furniture Guy …)

3) Favorite Poster: ‘Bruce M!’ He’s been looooong gone from the Board but he was my favorite …

4) LEAST Favorite Poster: The X-guy – aka Take-your-name-in-vain-guy, Floor Guy, Landlord Guy, Roofing Guy, Kilz Guy, Electric Guy, Switch Guy, Garage Door Guy, Tool Guy, Paint Guy, Reading Guy.

5) Most Humorous Poster: Martha in Westport, and Bob, once they both get going w/each other …

6) Strain Factor (1-10): None, 0, Nada. (I am whipped, though …)

7) Have I Learned Anything: Yea, well, no. (If I share what I learned w/you all, I’d confirm how much of an idiot I really am …)

8) Why Bob Isn’t Here: Right now, Bob isn’t here because he’s redoing Martha’s new house. (I have no explanation for you as to his whereabouts, specifically, over the past few years. I’ve been so busy on this Forum that I haven’t found time to watch his shows …)

9) Getting Paid: I guess we can get paid by asking Bob. (Once you can locate Martha’s new house, you can bring this matter up w/him …)

10) Why I Wasted My Time On This Post: Uggggh!!!! For a minute there, I thought you were serious, you dog! Well, to answer your question, I had a few minutes between Posts. (And my significant-other said I could answer this post before lunch. She said it sounded important …)

11) Most Creative Follow-upper: WICK!!!
      My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: I plan on hitting the National Lottery on 02/29/2001. Can’t the results be moved to another day ??!
      PPS: Wick, you old dog you!

Pollster

After much consideration, the staff has decided to change the date that
      the results will be aired. The results of the quiz will now be aired on
      June 31, 2000. Although we had expected to run the quiz longer in order
      to receive a much broader response, we realize that the attention span of
      some respondants may make this undesirable. Therefore we will air the
      results seven months earlier than originally stated.

Thank everyone who has participated in the quiz so far, and thanks in
      advance to those who have not participated as of yet but surely
      will in the near future.

Regards!

Henry in MI

1 & 2. Norm rules. Joe and Ed could have given him a run but then they showed that most of us actually know more than they do on anything but furniture.

3. The original Martha in Westport. The cheap imitations will be hearing from her lawyer.

4. The one that asks “How do I restore a house?” followed by the one that asks “How do I paint anything that isn’t made to be painted?”

Henry in MI

5. Wick and his signature blocks. Everybody else was tied for second.

6. 10–but only when she is bugging me to let her post her genealogy stuff. Can’t she see what is more critical to the future on mankind?

7. Not to ask Terry how he likes Craftsman tools.

8. Because someone might want to ask about overruns on the budget.

9. You mean that you are not?

10. I am waiting for the fresh paint on my brick fireplace to dry.

Tom Silva

1. “Jo-Jo” is hot, but Norm is the best.

2. Robyn Hartyl was better with long hair. Let’s face facts about Ryley – Norm could rout circles around him blind-folded, hands tied behind his back, while Richard Trethewy shot spitballs at him througha copper pipe. Sorry Bob, but again, Norm rules.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.