Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-Designonapenny

We are doing a home remodel and I would like to know if there is a difference in the craftsmanship and quality of faucets & tubs (Moen, Kohler, Delta, etc.) that are purchased from a home improvement center vs a plumbing supply store.

thiggy
      Participant

I have seen this discussion several times. I think the general consensus is that the big box stores generally carry the lower end of the spectrum in plumbing fixtures. However, if you buy the same model number from the big box or plumbing supply store, you will be getting the same product.

Anonymous
      Participant

The plumbers are not in agreement. We know that some products have a special run with some different parts for a certain purchaser. You can’t go by model number any more you have to go by the part number and suffix and UPC code. Sometimes these products have a different warranty source. I cannot take something you buy at Lowe’s to my regular manufacturer provider for warranty. The box stores and the manufacturers say the merchandise is not of lower quality. Yet some plumbers insist they see the inspector marks on the toilets where they were turned down in manufacturer but repaired and sold in a different lot. I am envolved in about six toilets a year that are taken back to Home Depot or Lowe’s and that seems to be the case across the country.
      I think the cast iron is the same but I’m not sure.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.