• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Owen

I just moved into my house this past summer, always had forced air heat, but now have hot water baseboard heating. I have a Weil-Mclain system. It knocks alot. How can I find the valves to purge the system, since the previous owners did not leave the instructions or should I call a plumber? This is a 3 zone system, 2 for heat, one for hot water.

Harold hydronicnetwork.net

Is at:

http://64.226.150.132/hydronic/service/purgeair.htm

hiring an experienced heating plumber is a lot quicker.

Mo

I have added a loop of baseboard to the system.

how do I purge air from this loop.

At the supply and return of this loop

I have shut-off valves. Please can you help?

Thanks.

Brian

I have a 2 Zone Hot water baseboard system in my Condo. Zone 1 heats the main living room and kitchen area, Zone two heats upstairs. Due to the recent frigid weather here in the north east I noticed last night that my upstairs hot water baseboards were not heating properly. The upstairs bathroom baseboard was heating as normal, my sons room baseboards were barely warm, and the ones in my room were ice cold. I checked the boiler in the basement and all appropriate pipes are hot. Sounds to me that I have an obstruction somewhere but I don’t know where, why or how to fix it. Whay would the same zone only heat Especially since the system has been operating fine since the cold weather started…help? Thank you Brian

Brian

I have a 2 Zone Hot water baseboard system in my Condo. Zone 1 heats the main living room and kitchen area, Zone two heats upstairs. Due to the recent frigid weather here in the north east I noticed last night that my upstairs hot water baseboards were not heating properly. The upstairs bathroom baseboard was heating as normal, my sons room baseboards were barely warm, and the ones in my room were ice cold. I checked the boiler in the basement and all appropriate pipes are hot. Sounds to me that I have an obstruction somewhere but I don’t know where, why or how to fix it. Especially since the system has been operating fine since the cold weather started…help? Thank you Brian

Mary Floyd

Recently I have been hearing the water moving through the base board heating systems. I have lived here for 7 yrs and have not heard that before. Heat is coming up from all the units. Is this a problem I should contact my furnice people about? I have a serice contract on the boioler.

George

I notice there are more questions than answers on this subject. I count 6 querries about diagnosing and repair of a problem with air in the pipes and zero answers other than “hire a profesional”. What kind of help is that?

I remember my uncles and grandfather repairing everything around the house. We had upright radiators, so the bleeding of those individual units was very simple. I just cannot believe that there is no one able to give an answer to these questions.

Thanks, Bob.

Unregistered-frank

have 4 zone heating had frozen pipes in 2 zones plumber thawed them but im not getting heat out of 1 zone how do i purge this zone

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.