Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-MARIF1

The Water Pressure in my area is very high causing pipe banging. Local water authorities confirm that the water pressure reading at the outside supply hose is 72 PSI. They say this is OK, and they cannot do anything about it, and that I should be installing a water pressure reducer, if I want the reduction.
      Can the local municipality legally keep such high pressure???
      BEFORE I install on, would anyone let me know the pros and cons, the approx material cost and the approx. labour cost.

Unregistered-MARIF1

Two questions:
      (1) Does anyone know a web site that takes you step by step on how to install stucco plaster (for home ceilings)

(2) Anyone knows a web site on how to finish a stucco ceiling, once the drywall is cut through and put back, for troubleshooting banging water pipes.

thiggy
      Participant

72 PSI is not particularly high pressure. At my house, I usually have about 90 lbs incoming before my regulator. It is commonplace in the B’ham area for homes to have a pressure regulator in their system. Wouldn’t you rather have plenty of pressure when you want to take a shower or turn on your lawn sprinkler? I know of no legal issue concerning how much pressure the water works must supply.

Unregistered-MARIF1

ANYBODY ANSWER MY ORIGINAL QUESTION PLEASE !!!
      What are the pros and cons (in general) of installing a Water Pressure Reducer !!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.