Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      John H

On an eight foot bare wall, at what height off the floor should a wall sconce be mounted? Does 66″ from the floor to the center of the sconce sound about right?

Brian (Tankless) Wood.

I sell tankless water heaters all over the world, but in real life, I’m an electrician.

I just wired and installed five of em in a customer’s remodel job, and that’s exactly the height she wanted them.

I don’t think there is a code pertaining to sconce height. “A little higher than EYE-HEIGHT” always seems to be just right. And it’s much easier to change bulbs at that height, plus there is a better light spread downwards as well as upwards.

I hope this helps.

And to copy our moderator:

Gog Bless America.

Brian in Swampland.

Judy Chavez

Could you let me know if there is a proper height to install SCONCES beside a fireplace. A picture will be placed above the fireplace.

Thanks

LANI

Is there a “proper height” when hanging a wall sconce? The wall is eight feet. I want to put one on each side of a picture that is 33″ high. Help the electrician is on the way!

jaywoktov
      Participant

we are building a house with 10 foot ceilings. we have sconces on both sides of entrances. the wall sizes are not the same to the right and left of the entrances. is there a rule on how high the sconce should be and the distance from the entrance?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.