Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Al

Hi everyone i have a two year old p/w pump model TH3020G the pump has good pressure but to get pressure out of it. this is what i have to do. water run though it start motor no pressure when i pull the trigger but if i turn off water pull the trigger turn on water i have good pressure till i let go of the trigger. to get pressure back i have to do that water trick. deos any one know what i can do or what the pump needs.thank you all.

K SMITH

IT SOUNDS LIKE THE PROBLEM IS IN THE GUN. THEY ARE PRETTY SIMPLE TO TAKE APART. MAY HAVE TRASH IN IT, OR MEED A GASKET OR SPRING. JUST A GUESS. GOOD LUCK.

Brad

Al,

did you ever find out the source of the problem? Mine acts similarly. 1 time it will have power but if I let off the trigger of the gun/sprayer it will not put out pressure again.

I have disassembled / reassembled the pump and it doesn’t seem to have anything stuck. I will try the same with the gun / sprayer.

May try to see if I can buy pump rebuild kit. or at lease the unloader valve kit # 190337

BTW here is some info from the pump manufacturer (General Pump):

http://www.generalpump.com/cTrouble_shooting.asp

handymy
      Participant

I have had the same (and more) problems with my Generac 2300/2.9gpm Pressure Washer. First the unloader valve caused erratic or non-responsive pressure when the trigger was used. A year later, the pump did a “crash n’ burn” act, but it is working perfectly now.

1) The original unloader valve seal/washer was a “cup” design. Manufacturer re-designed it to two washers (stacked to seal the split in the washers), and it worked flawlessly, for an out-of-pocket roughly (vaguely remembered) $12.
      2) Even though the machine “said” it had ceramic pistons (3 of them). The TH series pistons are chrome or polished stainless, and disintegrated in a short time (hours of use).
      I recently replaced the oil and piston seals, lubed with water-proof silicon grease for seals, and replaced the pistons with new ones, which fortunately I still had some warranty time left and got from them through the manufacturer, but I had already outlayed $55 for the seals.

Here’s what I would do next time: Search for a General CPH3020/CPH3025 replacement pump (has ceramic pistons). A new pump can run you between $150-$210 mail-order (do a search).
      If I rebuild this one again (I won’t) I would have to spend about $100 for pistons (part #5704102), and $55 for seals — That does not cover the cost of replacing the 6 check valves that stage the pressure through the 3 pistons.

Good luck y’all

…HandyGuyMy

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.