• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe Glunt

If I am in PA. how deep should I dig the posts for a basketball hoop

Ray Gallagher

Here in Upstate New York, the depth is part of the building code…
      We are fortunate to have a Building Inspector who is willing to provide specifications based on both the Code and his experience.
      Try your local Building Inspector.
      Good luck!

dikhed

what do you mean “if i’m in Pa.” The number one rule in construction is to know what state you’re in. OK? Now I know I’m in Mo. Here,for concrete foundations and footings it is 37 in. But 2 yrs ago I fenced in several acres w/post in concrete. Towards the end I was runninshort on concrete,so some holes were drilled no more than 25 in.deep. those post have sinced been redrilled and dug to the recommended 37 in. They could be pushed over in the spring. A cold winter will pop them up like icecubes if they are shallow. So, once you decide which state you’re in call the state conservation or a county agent. then follow their advice!

ken steel

My guess is that your frost line is the same as
      ours here in MI which is 42″. But I agree that
      any building department would know.

Sven

What is the Frost Line in VA?

Joe Ogden

How deep is the frost line in the Texas Panhandlde?

Andrew Smith

The Seattle Department of Construction and Land Use stipulates 18″ as frost line depth for projects within city limits. Nearby Tukwila, WA uses 12″.

Amber Stroud

What is the frost line depth for IN?

Dale Hitch

Can you please tell me what the frost line depth is for the New York City area? If you have a specific map, that would be great.

Thanks…

Pete

What is the frost line to the following 3 states Rhode Island, North Carolina, and Florida.

Diana

We live in Jeffersonville, Indiana. Could you give us the frost line depth for our area? Have surfed the internet for this information to no avail. Thank you

dave johnson

what is the frost line in yarmouth,me

Unregistered-munger

what is the frost line of southern michigan ie. Grand Rapids and Lansing.

Unregistered-Linda

I am trying to find the frost line in New Jersey so I can submit my building plans for building a deck. Could you supply me with this info?

Thank You!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.