• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Carol

I had a plumber replace an upstairs bathroom faucet yesterday (embarrassing to admit here, but he was here for other, more complicated work). Now I have virtually no water pressure up there. The same thing happened when we replaced a faucet downstairs. My house is over 100 years old. Do new faucets have some water saving device that could cause this? Could replacing the faucet be enough to knock loose sediment around in the pipes so that the pipes become blocked? I will, of course, have the plumber come back, but his main selling point is that he is always available, not that he is good.

Scott

Hi Carol
      I am not a plumber but ,have done a lot of plumbing in my own house,with help and guidance from friends in the trade,and every time I would work on something I would have to clean the screens on every tap.Your house is twice as old as mine so I can picture the deposits in the old pipes,if the pipes are original to the house.I changed all my galv pipe to copper and had to clean the screens of all the copper bits left in the pipes.Try it.Your plumber should have mentioned this.Hope that is the answer.
      Luck

Joe

First of all ,how’s the pressure coming into the house?You may want to call in the water company and have them check this out. If that’s the problem and you need a new main into the house ask them if they do this work on the side.If not your only hope is to Call a Lic. Plumber.From there if you have Galv. Pipes then you may have to re-plum the whole house.No use doing part of the job ,get it all done.If your town alows PVC then the job may be easier and cheaper too do.Good Luck and let us know how you made out.

Ben Schliesman

Bob,

We live in a ranch house built around 1960. Recently over the past month or so, the water pressure to our kitchen sink has been going down. In the past a friend replaced some of our other pipes when we added in a bathroom downstairs in our basement. The pipes that he cut and sections of pipe that he removed were clogged really good. In lieu of having to hire a plumber to replace the long run of pipe that leads to our kitchen, someone was once told me about something that you hook up to/attach to your water pipes (reverse osmosis maybe?) to somehow reverse the calcium buildup (if that is indeed what it is). Question: What were they referring to and does it work? Do I have any other options other than replacing the long run of pipe? FYI, all our other faucets seem to work well. The kitchen faucet is on a long pipe run all by itself.

Thank you very much!

Ben Schliesman

Kenos

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.