• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Pat

I would like to paint kitchen formica cupboards. How is this done?

Chris

Ugg !
      You should avoid painting formica at all costs.

Try pulling it up and paiting what’s underneath (hopefully wood)

Chris in MI

I had fairly good results using a product called Quick Kitchen and Bath Super Tough Melamine Enamel. I bought it about 5 years ago at Menards. I’m not sure if it is still made, but the stuff is GREAT. I painted my kitchen counter tops with it and it has held up pretty good concidering the abuse a countertop takes. I used grey as a base color (using a paint roller to apply the paint) and then my wife sponge painted white over top. It looks like a new counter top. We painted our wood cabinets with the same paint and they never chipped or peeled like some cabinets do after painting. The only drawback to this paint is the smell . . . it is oil based so it really stinks ! Oh, and if used on countertops, it stains easily, but stains are easily removed with a little diluted bleach and water. Good luck !!!!

Kimberly Wright

My husband and I just bought a house and it was built in 1957 so everything is old and we are trying to remoldel with out spending to much money. I was wondering if there is a special paint to paint formica, or a certain way to do so, to last a while, And if I do paint it,how long do you think it would last?

THANK YOU,

Kimberly Wright

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.