• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Mo Williams

Have a covered concrete patio, would like to paint a faux area rug on this concrete, how do I go about doing this, preparation of surface and the type of paint that should be used? Thanks.

JGrybos

There is a paint/stain made by a company called
      T+C(800-TO-STAIN) that has concrete paint. You
      might also try pool deck paint.

Good Luck

Charles H.

My wife and I painted our finish basement floor.
      There are several manufacturers of concrete paint. Most come in white and you can add pigments for the color you like. Check with your local paint store or home center on this, usually they are the ones who do the mixing and would likely be included in the price of the paint.
      Some paint need primers and some are all inclusive. The quality of paint you need would also depend on expected traffic on your porch floor.
      The toughest part is preparation. Most concrete foors are made with some sort of lye material which needs to be neutralized. If this is not done, your paint will peel off. You need to use some sort of acid, usually muratic. Caution it is dangerous and may burn the skin, use acid protection gloves and eye protection. It can also burn other stuff like furniture and such. Clear everything from your porch. Follow directions to a tee. There are also several comercial products which are a bit less nasty and usually do the job, depending on how much lye there is in the concrete. We used one in our basement because there were also less fumes than muratic acid, which also requires good ventilation for its use.
      The best suggestion I have is to get advice from your local paint store or home center. Some of them sometimes have pamphlets with step by step directions.
      Good luck.

Angie Rogers

I would love some info on repairing cracks and painting a concrete basement floor. Ideas that would be easy for homeowners to do. We built our house and now need help with this. Thank you.

Tiffany LYons

Its an old 70’s style fireplace and we were hoping to paint it instead of tearing it out. any ides? Also how to paint it?

Jim Burke

I am preparing my garage floor for epoxy. I used Behr’s cleaner and etching solutions and rinsed four times. I am still having a white powder residue. Floor is 15 years old. I can’t put down the epoxy with the residue. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.