Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #73899

      My gas fired furnace vents thru a roof vent. The cap on the vent pipe is damaged and needs to be replaced. Is that a repair handled by a roofer or a heating/ac guy?

    • #302490

      If the roof pitch is not a problem, it can be a DIY repair. Rain caps are sold at most hardware stores. A roofing contractor is best equipped to handle steep pitches and can check the condition of flashing while he makes any repairs. Probably either trade could do that repair. If you are planning to service the furnace anyway,ask the HVAC company if they can make the stack repair. If you want to check any other issues on the roof like flashing, gutters, vents etc, then call a roofing specialist.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.