Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jdschneyer
      Participant

I own a 100+ year old brick home. It has become apparent we have NO insulation in the walls and loose fill cellulose in the attic. Interior walls are lathe and plaster. I would like to insulate and have thought about blown in insulation but I am concerned that without a vapor barrier the insulation will become damp and loose it’s value. My other concern with that is if it gets damp will cellulose insul. mold and cause healthful problems? What is the best way to address my insulation needs? I live in Wisconsin, it gets cold here. Options/Concerns: Cellulose blown into wall cavities- no vapor barrier. Will it last. Will it mold? Spray in foam- cost? ????? I have recently heard of a vapor barrier paint for interior walls, is that an option to consider for cellulose? YOur thoughts and help are very much appreciated.
      Jeff

——————————————————————————–

Unregistered-t.b.

What type of brick house do you have? My 1885 version is a real brick house. It is 3 wyes thick on the first floor and originally it had plaster right over the brick. There is no place to insulate. Are your interior walls furred out? If so I would foam them.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.