Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      scotthacker123
      Participant

I am in the process or remodeling an older home. The tub and tile are the originals and are about 60 yrs old. The tile is in great shape, the tub is starting to show the effects of being old. I know it is a major ordeal to remove the tile and tub and do it the “correct” way.

I have been looking at reglazing and also at the bathfitter type products. I am looking for opinions and real world experience so I can learn the pros and cons of each. I know more about reglazing than the inserts. Specifically I am wondering…do they both look fake? Does one look better than the other? Is the acrylic liner from bathfitters a more or less durable surface than the reglazing?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Unregistered-Homewrecker

I had a tub reglazed probably 10 years ago and it had held up pretty well. It is just now getting to the point where the “shine” on the floor of the tub is dulled. I used a company called “Perma Ceram” which does not exist anymore. My brother had the insert put in his tub and he was satisfied but said in retrospect he probably would have done the reglazing considering the price difference and the length of wear that I got using the reglaze. That being said, you are only as good as the company and installer so beware of “cheap” as it appears that you get what you pay for in this arena.

Unregistered-erik

Be aware that tub refinishing is only epoxy paint, not re-glazing. Usually lasts between 2-5 years depending on the care and the amount of use. erik

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.