• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lee Chen

During a recent rain storm, the fire dept was called out to my house because water was pouring in from the ceiling as well as the outside wall, in the bathroom. They found a tennis ball stuck in the gutter, which was kind of a relief, coz that meant it wasn’t a hole on the roof.

The moisture is now contained in the ceiling and wall (upstairs and down). The paint on the walls bubbled up. I was told that I need to make a couple of holes (top and bottom) on each of the walls (up and downstairs), and use a commercial blower to air out the inside of the walls.

The house was built in 1930, and I don’t think it’s insulated, but I don’t know if there are beams that zig zag along the walls. If that’s the case the 2 holes won’t help, coz it’ll only dry out the small area between the beams.

Any advice? Please help. I’m very concerned about mold.

dp

you called emergency workers for a leak in your ceiling?

what if someone had a real life threstining emergency, these heros are at your house getting a tennis ball out of your gutters?

dp

Daniel E. Fall

Call a reputable contractor in your area to help you assess the situation. Pay them for an assessment and tell them they won’t be doing any of the work. It’ll be the best money you ever spent.

If something needs attention, they can tell you and you can call another contractor(s) to bid on the work.

If you call contractors for the work, you’ll probably end up buying more than you might need.

rb

Much respect goes to those firefighters. It was a shame how one FF died yesterday in a matress store fire from the 36th precent.

We had quite a few friends who died in 9-11 that i had grew up with.

Thank God for such DEDICATED and COMPASSIONATE people.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.