• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-lan0362@att.net

I had a water line installed about 2 years ago, both the hot and cold water pressure was great. About a year ago, I started noticing the hot water was barely coming out of all faucets in the house. My hot water tank is not 6 years old yet. I don’t know what could be causing this really low hot water pressure. The cold water is fine, in fact, the cold water pressure is great.
      Can you offer some suggestions as to what could be causing this low to little hot water pressure

Unregistered-t.b.

Since the cold water is fine start at the hot water heater. Open the lower flush bib. Got lots of pressure? No – check the inlet valve, yes then go to the next faucet and check the screen etc.

Unregistered-John Boy

First check and see if the inlet valve to the water heater is open all the way.

Second if you have hard water, chances are the outlet (hot side) is plugged off with the hardness of the water. Turn off the water on the inlet to the water heater. Loosen the union (if there is one) on the hot side. Or you may have to cut the pipe on the hot side and install one. Take a hammer & screwdriver or a drill that will fit inside the pipe and remove the sediment.

After removing the sediment and reconnecting the union open a hot hose bibb (on a laundry sink , or some tap that doesn’t have a screen) Turn on the water valve to the water heater a flush out the sediment. Perhaps you would want to place a pail under the opened tap to see the sediment that you removed. If you open the kitchen sink tap you will have to remove the aerator to get the crap out.

I seen this time after time, plugged-off at the outlet side of a water heater.

John Boy

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.