• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne M

I just replaced windows in my house and with all the banging and hammering, paint chips actually fell off the kitchen wall.There were some nails under some of these chips. But, now it is obviously uneven so I can’t just paint over it. WHAT do I do? should I sand the wall down so it’s even?

Jay J -Moderator

Hi Anne,

1) You could hammer the nails back in about 1/4″, then spackle, then sand, then PRIME/SEAL, then paint.

2) You could hammer the nails back in about 1/4″, then screw in a drywall screw near the nail, then sand, then PRIME/SEAL, then paint.

Option #1 is the easiest but if you’re planning on doing more work that will work the drywall loose, you’ll be at it a 2nd time. Wait until you’re completely finished the job to do this. Option #2 is the better way to go for a more permanent solution. However, #1 may be just fine. For #2, you’ll need a Dimpler and a Recess attachment for your drill. (Just ask the folks in the Tool Coral for these items.)

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Maxine

Can you chip off as much paint as possible and paint over the balance? Do you have to sand first if it is quite a smooth surface?

Thank you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.