Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      cnicol
      Participant

I just bought a Kenmore Portable dishwasher, model #17439.

I’m having problems with the faucet adapter. Once I connect it to the hose connector (or the tap) and turn on the water, the water starts and then shuts off within seconds. I’ve left the water on for a few minutes and nothing seems to be going through the hose connector. I’ve pressed the red button and would assume that after the water has been turned on for a few minutes that there would be lots of water coming out, when in fact there is only a handful.

Also, I know it specifies in the manual to use a grounded three prong outlet and not to use an adapter or it will cause fires, hazards; but, i don’t have a three prong output and am wondering if that’s the problem since it doesn’t seem that there is any power going to the dishwasher. I have tested the adapter on many appliances around the house and it works.
      I turn the knob to set the wash and there is nothing. It says in the manual I should hear the different cycles start, but am wondering if it’s not plugged into a grounded three pronged output if it will even work.

I need help as you can tell. I have spent hours trying to set this up and I know I’m doing something wrong. I just need someone to tell me what.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.
      Cara

DanO
      Participant

** I’ve left the water on for a few minutes and nothing seems to be going through the hose connector. I’ve pressed the red button… **

Did water come out the bottom of the tap connector while you has it pressed? The exact water pressure from the tap should go right through it in such an instance.

** the manual to use a grounded three prong outlet and not to use an adapter or it will cause fires, hazards; but, i don’t have a three prong output and am wondering if that’s the problem **

Just no having a ground will not stop a dishwasher from working but using such an appliance like that is a *REAL* electrical shock hazard. I hope no one in your household gets seriously injured (or worse). Water and electricity don’t mix!

** Kenmore Portable dishwasher, model #17439 **

BTW. That is not the true model number but some kind of stock number. The only reliable place to find the model number is on the appliance’s model and serial number tag. You can find tips for locating that identification tag on your appliances in the ‘Repair Parts’ section of my site linked below.

Dan O.
      http://www.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Kenmore+dishwasher
      The Appliance Information Site
      =D~~~~~~

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.