Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      washer2001
      Participant

well my lawnmower is resting now.. should I be worried if white smoke comes from the filter area when we pull the string to start it..this time a big puff of white smoke came out to greet us when we pulled the string after letting it rest it had quit on me due to a grass clog I removed it and yanked the string and a small amount of white smoke came out. So like I said we let it rest it started after a few yanks but let out the big puff of white smoke what causes this??? I raised the wheels. The grass and ground was dry. Thank you for the info in advance.

Unregistered-lg

i don’t think this is any cause for concern.as long as it runs good after it starts up it should be alright.mine blows smoke when i first start it after it has been sitting for a week.i’ve never seen one that didn’t.what causes it?i think it’s a combination of unburned fuel and moisture.

Unregistered-RocketScientist

I would think the “big puff of white smoke” came from the exhaust. Probably because oil got up into the cylinder and past the piston rings when you tipped it over to clean out the grass clog. By the way a lawn mower doesn’t need to “rest”

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.