Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum instructions on how to whitewash/pickle kitchen cabinets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Suzette Mink

I have dark stained kitchen cabinets in a 1970’s ranch style home. Would like to lighten them up but not sure if I want to go through the process of stripping and restaining. Also don’t want them to look new like with a shiny coat of white paint. Would like some color but also want them to look distressed or antiqued. My kitchen is painted pale peach with cream accents and have some greens, blues, and grape color in my wall paper. Does anybody have any ideas or instructions.

Lisa

No matter what, I believe you’ll at least have to sand them for texture so the paint will stick and prime to hide the dark color. Aside from that, I’ve seen kits in hardware and home improvement stores (also craft stores) with all the components and directions for many finishes such as pickling and crackling. I’ve never tried them, so I don’t know the quality, but they’re probably worth a try.

Nancy Clark

I have the identical problem in my kitchen. Did you find an answer to your question that worked?

Lorrie L

I need instructions on white washing cabinets. Where can I find the answers?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.