• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      CW

How small of a grout line for 12″ x 12″ ceramic tiles can be used for countertops? Can they be butt up against each other like stone? Also, would like to see a photo of large tiles used for kitchen counters.

Jay J -Moderator

Hi CW,

The minimum is 1/8″, or certainly more. BUT, for a kitchen countertop, I believe you want the tiles to be as tight to each other as possible. Sorry, I don’t have a photo. Perhaps you can visit a Kitchen & Bath Showroom, or visit a bookstore for pictures. Heck, for the $$$ you’re saving, why not spend a few of those saved $$$ for ‘expert advice’ in a book? In this case, I’d consider it $$$ well spent.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Jim

On many natural stones the recommended grout joint is 1/16 of an inch, this is used for marble and granite. If this size joint is used it is recommended that you use unsanded grout.

Barnes

I wanted to know if it is possible to use the left over ceramic tile on my counter tops that I used on the floor? I know it is big pieces but I was thinking about breaking it up like stone and it on the counter tops. Do you think this can be done and what are the cons if any for doing it this way?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.