Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Giddaymate
      Participant

Hi fellow *** **** users. I live in Sydney Australia and it is big news here about devastation that Hurricane Katrina has caused. The news is saying its the worst natural disaster in America’s history.

I saw this poor man in tears being interviewed. He told us that he was hanging onto his wife’s hand and then she was swept away by the flood waters and as she was being taken away she yelled take care of the children. I then started to cry after a saw that. I have a husband three wonderful children and I can’t even being to imagine how terrible it is to lose a loved one like this.

My heart goes out to all the family’s and their friends and especially the children that are affected by this disater and I know in saying this I speak for other *** ****’s users. Please feel free to add to this post, so in some small way they know the world is thinking of them and if anyone knows of a site that I can donate some money for these people to help rebuild there lives please let me know I would like to help.

Maybe even *** ****’s site could be set up to help rise money, you couldn’t get a better site than this for people helping people. Kind regards to all. from Noelene

Jasper
      Participant

* Here’s a site that will take your donation and route it to your choice of several organizations such as The Amereican Red Cross, The Salvation Army, Catholic Charities and several more. I made my contribution to The American Red Cross
      * God Bless you, Adios… Jasper

http://www.networkforgood.org

Jasper Castillo

bink
      Participant

I got this in my E-mail.

Hello,

As many of you know CoffeeCup Software is a socially active company. In the past our users have raised over 1 million dollars for September 11th efforts and over $50,000 dollars for victims of the Asian Tsunami.

Hurricane Katrina has given us a different challenge. We have accessed the situation and have found a way we can all help. Since CoffeeCup Software is located in Corpus Christi, Texas (a couple of hours south of Houston), we are calling upon anyone who receives this e-mail to send ‘Goods’ to our office. This will directly help the thousands upon thousands of American refugees that will be entering Houston, Beaumont, and througout Texas within the next days and weeks.

Our office will collect what you send and will drive these items by cargo truck to the refugees where they are located. Over 25,000 people will arrive at the Houston Astrodome tonight and we expect many waves of refugees over the next month. We will collect items for the next 60 days and will make trips once a week or more as needed.

Currently many Charitable organizations are overwhelmed and we want to make sure the Families and Children will be given what they really need without wait. Send as much as you wish, we have plenty of storage.

Some items we believe they need are:

Diapers, Baby Wipes, Infant Care Items
      Personal Care Items (soap, razors, shaving cream, toothpaste, hygeine items)
      Clothing (socks, underwear, shirts, shoes, pants, shirts)
      Long Distance Calling Cards, Batteries, FM Radios, Walkie-Talkies
      Toys (coloring books, crayons, puzzles, any activity toy)
      and more….

Our Address is:

CoffeeCup Software
      c/o Hurricane Aid
      226 South Tancahua Street
      Corpus Christi, Texas 78401

You can also order things online at places like Amazon.com, WalMart.com, Target.com, and others and have them sent directly to our offices as well.

Please do not send food, water, or money. This will be handled by Organized Charities. Send what you would personally want if you were placed in a very uncomfortbale position for a very long time with little or no money (use your best judgement).

We will be documenting our efforts by Web Cam and Pictures and these will be posted on our Website soon.

If you would like to Donate money you can do that here:
      http://www.houstonredcross.org/ or http://national.unitedway.org/

Let us know how it works out.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.