Tommy Mac Discussions Forums Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum how to seal 45* prefab counter seam so water doesn’t get in later…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unregistered-jb

I’m an experienced cabinetmaker, carpenter and kitchen guy, but I’m cheaping out on my own kitchen install. I’m installing prefab Home Despot counters with the bogus 45* angle joints. What do you recommend I goob in there to seal the joint? Otherwise, water will get in there and ruin it. Maybe I just put a couple coats of poly on both sides first? Maybe I just use two coats of contact cement? I figure silicone won’t last and high grade epoxy would goob out and make mess. If epoxy, I figured I would tape tops and wipe with acetone after tightening joint. Any thoughts guys?

I’m using this stuff because it is fast, cheap and looks pretty darned good.

Unregistered-BobF

You can use Titebond glue. Titebond II or III will be waterproof enough. I hear there is a special colored filler that can be used but I think the glue would be first choice.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.