• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Tonya

To whom it may concern Im looking for books or videos how to Install Vinyl siding…if anyone with information I would aprreciate it….

Jay J

Tonya,

Check out this post More On Vinyl Siding.
      This site has a download feature Installing Vinyl.
      The 2nd item on this page has a download feature.
      And lastly, probably one the best tapes for an experienced DIYer, is from Hometime. Got to Roofing, Siding, and ‘something’ on this page and click Siding.

Ashland-Davis (which is sold at my Home Depot) will give you an installation manual if you buy their stuff. You may also want to peruse Amazon.com and Fatbrain.com for videos too! My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Ed F.
      adrian barbour

I would like to know if the outside walls of a house should be covered with some sort of material (i.e. tyvec) prior to the instalation of vinyl siding? What are the advantages / disadvantages of using a material verses not using any? Are there any building codes to read?

thank you for your help.

adrian barbour

Jeffrey Sulzbach

Hello,

If any one can give me information on installing

vinyl siding please write me.

need to know the tricks of the trade.

Thinking of starting a business.

need to know all aspects from a business point of

view.

Thank you for your time.

Angie Deel

WOULD YOU PLEASE E MAIL ME A SET OF INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO INSTRUCTIONS VINYL SIDING THANK YOU ANGIE

Keith Zimmerman

I am getting estimates on siding my house. 3 contractors want to go over the existing cedar shingles and 2 say a complete tear off is a better way to go. Which is better? Is it more insulation going over cedar?? .. Is it easier to trim in the windows with a tear off ?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

wyatt twitchell

Please send me a DETAILED INSTRUCTION SHEET on installing

vinyl siding. Or point me in the direction of a good web site

that explains how to install siding.

thanks

Rick Reed

Where can I find a video on how to install vinyl siding and soffetts? Thanks for any help.

Rich Southard
      Ann

Our Vinyl siding is particularly noisy on windy days. I’m concerned about the quality of our siding and if we need to take action steps in order to correct the situation. Our siding is so noisy that it will actually wake us up in the middle of the night during storms or windy weather. Our home is about 8 years old and we just moved in 2 years ago. Is there anything that we can do? Will this be a costly process by which to correct the situation? Thanks for your help.

Jim Reich

Would it be possible for you to e mail me a set of

instructions on how to install siding. Including

what I need for tools and siding parts. Thank you in advance Jim Reich

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.