• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Sharon Salvitti

Any information you could send me would be very helpful
      From tools to hands on Thank you!

Jay J

Sharon,

This is one of those topic that might be best found in a DIY (Do It Yourself) book/magazine. There are a lot of both. Border’s Books, Barn’s and Nobel’s, and a good local library (to name a few) are good places to start. The ‘best’ stuff I’ve seen on the WEB doesn’t go into the detail I, personally, like. And like most trades, there are tricks, cracks, and crevices that you can fall into if you’re not careful or don’t know what you’re doing. So, you’re doing the right thing by educating yourself first. Maybe someone else on the Forum has a good reference.

I have 2, though, that are a start. 1 is a post on the Forum regarding where seams go. (This is one of those things the inexperienced DIYer usually misses in planning!) Their placement MUST be drawn before you order, measure, and cut any carpet. Its direction and placement determine the amount you’ll need, hence, draw the rooms out on paper first! They are: Installing Carpet and Where To Place Carpet Seams. Other than that, books and DIY magazines are your source. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: BTW (By The Way), in your post, you refer to ‘… you cold send me …’. Who is ‘you’??? Are you looking for info from a particular ‘person’?

bc

Try the carpet and rug institute. First link has the manuals you can purchase. Second link has a free download. I’ve hunted all over for comprehensive installation instructions and this is the best I can find.
      http://www.carpet-rug.com/drill_down_2.cfm?cftoken=73551442&cfid=557974&page=12&sub=3
      http://www.carpet-rug.com/drill_down_2.cfm?cftoken=73551442&cfid=557974&page=12&sub=1

shane

how do you lay carpet on stairs in a house.

maria

I am doing an interior designing project for my school and i have to install a carpet with padding and i have no idea how to do that please help me!!

Edgar

I want to install some carpet at my house but I do not have an Idea on how to do it. If any one could help me out I would be gratefull.

C. Morton

I need some info on how what type of moisture barrier I need before I put down padding and new berber on my basement concrete floor. I run the dehimidifier every summer. The sump pump goes on and off only when it rains heavily. I think I will have Home Depot lay the carpet, although they did a terrible job on the upper two levels. Should I put plastic ar some type of foam down before the padding???? Thanks.

Joe

I already have carpet in a bed room and I would like to change it out myself. I believe the pad and everything is ok. I jusat need to replace the carpet. Thanks so much!

Steve

I just had carpet installed in my living room, dining room and family room. I found out the installers did not take the time to vacuum the plywood subfloor before laying it. The floors were very dusty from sanding the steps I was re-finishing. Will this dust cause any problems down the road?

Thanks

Sharon A. Bauer

Bob, watch your show every week and love it. Do you have a video and/or a book that you would recommend on “How to Lay Carpet.” We are building a two story cabin in the mountains of Colorado and doing virtually everything ourselves and having a ball and we want to do everything just for the experience. We are laying tile now. Used Dean Johnson’s Video and wetsaw because we couldn’t find one on your website. Thanks loads, Sharon

Shawn

Please send me instructions to install carpet on

my own and the necessary tools I will need.

Thanks

Amanda King

We just bought our first home and we want to save some money by laying the carpet ourselves in the three bedrooms. Could you tell me the best way to do it and the tools I’m going to need to do the right job?

Thanks so much,

A

Tj

My friends donig a job for his bosses x and wanted me to find out what to charge her for the tearout and replacement of an area 40×20!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.