• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Scott

I am trying to identify the manufacturer of the bathroom fixtures in my home. The only identifying mark are the initials “UP”. In the logo the “U” and “P” are offset with the “U” slightly above the “P”. The fixtures with this mark include the toilet and the bathtub spout and control knobs.

faucet

Price pfister is the only name i can think of

t.b.

Might be united plumbing technologies in CT.

Dodgeman

A UR? (a R instead of a P?)

Then it might be Universal Rundel(sp?)

Dodgeman

dp

i have found it to be impossible to idenitfy thiese things unless your working with this stuff everyday for the last 50 years

there so many styles, manfactures , almost none have any brand name anywhere on them where its easy to see

i have a local plumbing supply that a 3rd genrration family business, they know stuff by sight, at least one guy there does. they been in the business . me i mostly take stuff to them for idenfication. weather its a carterage or a valve stem.

so if you can get some parts off of it and go to a long time supply house with some sharpies in house. they can help. but you have to have part in hand just because of the mulitude of parts and manfactures in this plumbing field.

i mean if you think about it the manfacture really dont matter a hill of beans in the end, all that really matters is that it works correctly and dont leak

i notice though you mention the crapper has the same marks, often inside the tank there is stamps with serial numbers, manfacture name and so on. so look inside the crapper tank, you know take the lid off and stick your nose in there(its the clean part i am refering to, the tank not the bowl)

have fun, let us know if we helped

dp

dp

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.