• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      donald aslaksen

how does hardy plank stand up to the high humidity of houston, tx?

are dust particals created by cutting hardy plank

harmful if inhaled?

Paul A

Check out there web page http://www.jameshardie.com

carl

hardy plank is a cement-fiber material and is not affected by humidity. James hardy recommends wearing protective mask when cutting-drilling their products. cement dust is at the least an irritante so be safe, wear a good filter mask, not the paper mask that is sold as a “painters mask” that is only good to keep your face clean, not filter dust as they do not fit well enough to do any good. get a good hepa mask such as the 3M that sells for around $20 dollars.

Don B

Houston is one of the first areas of the country to accept fiber-cement as a alternate siding product back in the early 80’s. I would venture to say it is probably one of James Hardie’s largest markets. On medium to large jobs I would consider using a shear made especially for Fiber cement siding. There is one made by Pacific International Tool And Shear. No dust is created when using a shear. Malco Tools has also created several tools that help in the ease of installation. Following The nailing instructions is critical in installing this type of siding.

will in atlanta

What is recommended for cleaning hardy plank? A power washer – what psi? or regular water hose? My concern is the 2 year old paint job will be damaged. And how often is it recommeded to clean a hardy plank exterior?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.