• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sam

Hi!

I would like to hang a plasma TV on a dry wall. I would like to place the TV at the center of the wall but if i cannot find the studs there then can i mount the TV on the drywall alone? The TV weights about 80lbs. Can anyone please suggest a better method?

Any help would be greately appreciated.

Thanks

tomh

I would love to hang a Plasma TV on my wall, but darn that $10,000 price tag! If you can part with the BIG bucks for a plasma TV, you better part with the small bucks for a quality studfinder. Under no circumstances should you hang this TV in the drywall. You might consider using drywall anchors, but given the investment, I would be looking for a structural hold.

Spend $20 on a stud finder. It will serve you for a long time, and might save you some Plasma heartbreak.

MK

If I were to buy a plasma television… the extra few bucks to have it installed by a professional would be a “No brainer”. I know this is a do it yourself forum. But…. that’s a huge investment. Better safe than sorry! I’ll bet it’s a cool TV though!

Jun

I have a 20 minus lbs LCD TV and want to put it on the wall. I can’t find stud using the senser. I am wondering if I can just hang it without the stud. What type of screw I should use? Thanks in advance.

Jun

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.