• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Brandon Webb

I have a remote control hampton bay ceiling fan that is not working correctly when i try to turn the fan off it just dims down alot. the light doesn’t really turn off, but when i press it again the light brightens back up. this just repeats over and over the light will not turn off. please tell me how to fix this problem.

Brandon Webb

tomh

This product is an in-house brand manufactured exclusively for a large home improvement chain. I quit buying this brand after realizing that if it isn’t under warranty, or I don’t have a receipt, there are no service or parts. Break anything on a Hampton Bay and it is likely not to be replaceable with commonly available parts, and the only place you could possibly get parts is the store you bought it. That makes this a disposable fixture.

For a few dollars more you can buy Hunter, Casablanca and some others with lifetime warranties and believe it or not, replacement parts and accessories globes.

Your problem, assuming the fan origiallly worked correctly, is probably the remote control module inside the canopy. You may be able to buy or obtain a replacement. If the fan is still under warranty, pack it up and return it. If it never worked right, you should review your wiring to be sure it conforms to manufacturer directions.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.