• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      John Oakley

Moved into a house with two Hampton Bay ceiling fans. Previous owner did not have the owner’s manuals. Getting up on a chair, I don’t see a model number stamped anywhere on the outside of these fans.

Several problems. One fan makes a rather loud humming noise, and the fan when it’s on “high” has about the same RPM’s as the other an on “low”. Secondly, when the light is dimmed, it emits a high-pitched squeal. I’ve tried a different brand and wattage of bulb, but it does the same thing.

The problem with the second ceiling fan is it turns on and off randomly throughout the day. Sometimes it’s the fan, sometimes the light. Both of these units have remotes controls.

Stopped by my local Home Depot, and they suggested that I may have been visited by aliens, and I should go to the “Hampton Bay website” to download the manual. However, I’m not finding a Hampton Bay website.

So I have several questions.

1) How do I figure out the model number?

2) Once I find the model number, is there a website to go to download the manuals?

3) Anyone have any suggestions for the “actual” problems I mentioned above?

tomh

Either you love em or hate em. I have been an outspoken critic of this in-house brand based on my experience, and have been told in reply I must have been visited by aliens. Actually I am not aware of any web site for Hampton Bay which is manufactured in Asia exclusively for Home Depot. You have no recourse but home depot for repairs, parts or support, and in my experinece that support does not exist. My recommendation is usually to buy a name brand that backs up the fan with a real warranty and recognizable manufacturer.

OK Hampton Bay lovers, let me have it!

C Bost

I have two outdoor fans by HB (less than two years old). The chain that regulates the speed has pulled out on both of them. The first one did so about 6 months after purchase but since it was on slow, I just left it alone. Now the other has pulled out on the ‘off’ speed so it does not rotate at all. What can I do?

donald fisher

i need replacement blades for model hv 20 air circulator fan ‘ cant find source please respond

Randy Martin

I recently hung a 52″ plaza H/bay fan in my daughters room. I used the close-to-ceiling mount option; however, when the fan is on high it actually runs out of air to push and starts to go into very serious rattle and shake mode. It runs fine on the med&;low level without any vibration at all.

The other problem I’m having is the blades are noisy as if they were loose. Almost sounds like the wood blade is pinching or binding on meatal. I used the fiber and lock washer as per the instructions, and they are tight.

Any suggetions!!!! I can’t lower the fan due to my height, and the noise puts a little night time fear in my little girl.

PS. I don’t want a Hunter!!!

Steve

I have been looking for a light to add to our Hampton Bay fan. Our instruction manual said this is possible for the fan we bought. Our ceiling fan is Model 911-720 and was purchased from Home Depot. UPC 792145327554(911-712). Can you please let me know where I can find the light kit that goes with this fan in or near SW Colorado or NW New Mexico. I inquired in Farmington, NM at the Home Depot, which sells Hampton Bay fans, and nobody knew anything about a light kit that could be added to our fan. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

Keith Taylor

Believe it or not there is a Hampton Bay service center phone number. It is 1-877-527-0313 and it is open M-F 8a.m. to 5p.m. EST. Hope this helps for all who are looking for a way to answer questions about Hampton Bay products.

pete kang

ok. i went into my room one day and my remote no longer worked even though the battery power seemed sufficient. i looked on the inside of the detachable battery cover on the remote and saw some pretty basic looking instructions titled ” how to set dip switch”. since the setup seemed just as simple as changing a garage door code i was pleased, but i could not for the life of me find the corresponding dip switch on the ceiling fan unit. after reading some of your emails, i was sitting in the dark very pissed off, but i soon realized that #4 of the “how to set dip switch” instructions on the inside of the battery cover says to “reassemble and test”. Reassemble what?? “lightbulb in head”— i realized that you must take the three screws out of the base that holds the lightbulbs and just lightly muscle it apart until you see the dip switch that looks identical to the one inside your remote. reset both the ceiling unit and remote to: up, down, up, down. you should be good to go. if this explanation is a little wordy and runny, please forgive me i am a melville fan. haha goodluck. pk

p.s. it is best to have someone to help and hold while all of this is going on. if you can do it by yourself then you are a champ!!

Deanna Daimler

I bought a hampton Bay White Huntington III ceiling fan. The screws to attach the fifth blade are missing. What kind of screws can I use, or do I need special screws?

Nicole

I purchased a Hampton Bay Romanesque II ceiling fan. It has a globe at the bottom and 5 small lights at the top that light up the ceiling. On the remote, there are “UP light” and “Down light” buttons.

At first, it worked fine, now the up light will not shut off. The red light on the remote will light up when pressed, but the light won’t go out.

Any suggestions?

Deidre Firestone

I bought this fourescent Hampton Bay ceiling fan

last year. I have lost the paperwork on it. I have

a burned out light bulb on it, the Home Depot does

not have a bulb like it in their store, here in

Yuma, Arizona. The number on the bulb is PLSS132850K. I would like to even order an additional globe for it. The globe is about 3″ in

diameter by 6″ long, It looks like a frosted glass

jar.

Thank-You…Deidre

Tom

Fan will not come on, Light works ok with the remote. Fan motor hums and will start if given manual help. I substituded the lower control module from another fan and corrected problem. Could this be corrected with a capacitor.

cindy myers

Has anyone had a fire in there home due to a hampton bay fan

dennis brown

need to order outdoor fan blades for 42″ outdoor white fan. Cannot find a website to order from and our local retailer doe’s not carry them. HELP

Joe Sotomura

Has anyone experienced problems with their Hampton Bay ceiling fans? I have five of their Redington III model. Two of them have almost caught fire. The internal remote units have melted. All purchased from Home Depot. Not getting much luck finding others with the same problem.

Honey

My husband and I have a dual light and fans antique brass ceiling fan. Over the winter I asked him to turn off the fan part and just leave the light part on but now it’s summer and my husband is on a trip. How do I turn back on the fan portion of my ceiling fan? Thank you.

Hardy Green

I’m in need of a 6″, 3/4″ polish brass downrod. I’ve searched high and low with no luck. Any idea where I might find one.

Miguel Roriguez

I Bought one of your ceiling fans and it work for 2 weeks and, I would like to know whats my next step?

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.