• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Suzanne Phillips

I’ve had one installed in my bedroom for 3 years when I first moved into the factory home I had built. I bought the fan from Home Depot. The builders installed it and bypassed the electric system to do so. I find now that the remote activated fan will not go off when I press the off switch on the remote. The battery is good. Can the problem be the dip switch,and if so, what can/should I do?

Thanks much for your help. My fan has been going non-stop for three weeks now. I was almost grateful for the blackout.

Pam

I had a Hunter Fan with light (remote control) installed last year. Recently, the remote doesn’t work at all. Not on, not off – thus NO FAN. I talked to Lowe’s and told them to expect me back with it any day. I will not buy a remote control fan again. I hesitated with this one, but I liked it.

Hope things work out.

Pam

RF

<>

First off, the electrical system should not be bypassed… The remote is made to work with the fan. So all that needed to be done is hook up the out wires from the remote to the fan/light wires of the fan. Then the wires coming from the electrical box (the power, from switch) gets connected to the remote. The only flaw is that the wsitch has to always be on but the fan/light should work with the remote only.

<>

Uhhh, can you find a way to shut it off, maybe the breaker? That is a fire hazard as the motor gets really hot! Either that or pray for another blackout.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.