• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      dan

have put down end grain floor tiles having a problem finding the right grout would appreciate any direction

Moderator, Steve

I for one, do not understand the situation or the terminology to give you a proper answer. Re phrase or lets see if anyone else understands the question.

gordon

i think what he means is c/ tile without the bull nose finish. we will just have to wait for repost.

GEORGE

If you are refering to wood tile I believe the use sawdust mixed with polyurethane.

Jim

and we can help you

Jim

max

This might be a similar question/problem. I am planning on putting on a tile backsplash in the kitchen (total of 4 walls about 25 ft overall). My Wife and I like the 6 x 6 (for floor and wall) glazed tile. The problem is that this tile does not come with any corner/bullnose/round/etc special pieces to finish an edge. So when I try to imagine how the tile will look on the end I keep thinking about this squared off piece of tile and not a nice rounded end. My wife doesn’t want a border. Would it be best to just calk the edges or should I attempt to round off the last tile with a tile saw or tile sandpaper to make my own custom bull nose? p.s. one edge is in the middle of a wall but, the other edge is on an exposed corner with no tile wrapping around. thanks

max

another question related to the previous post.
      The wall tile will only be 20 in high (countertop to cabinet bottom). Someone suggested that I cut out the drywall (all 25 ft) and replace it with wonderboard. They said that the tile might be too heavy and the verabond mortar might weaken the drywall so that all the tile might just break off in one big sheet. I can understand using wonderboard if you were doing a complete wall but, is it necessary to put the wonderboard up for such a small height (about 3 tiles high)?

thanks again

Golden Aged Industries

HAve you tried cork paste? I hgave it in my bathroom and so far its been really good. I have other methods if you need some.

Tim

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.