• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jay J – Moderator

Well, it’s been a while. I’m still studying my MCSE tests and passing them. I’ve passed my 4th test (which was the hardest one of all 7) and am hopefully on my way to certification. I’ve been on the site every, EVERY day, keeping my eye on the SPAM and such. (I bet you’ve been wondering how that stuff has been disappearing so quickly …) Before the end of October, I should be back.

Moderator, Steve has been doing an outstanding job holding down the fort. Right! – Who needs me??! 😉 And his trusty helps such as Jason, Dodgeman, Wick, Brian Wood, LJ in TX, Jennifer, Harold, Scott, Billy, and I’m sure I left some names out, are keeping this BBS up. I appreciate everyone’s contributions. I, like you, don’t get paid a cent. I hope you’re all continue to find gratification in your work on the BBS, as I always did/do. NOW, for a matter at hand. (And I just help w/a post below mine on a related topic …)

I need to hang up some gingerbread on the porch. The porch soffit is capped w/aluminum. The porch-posts are vinyl. AND, the gingerbread is some type of composite material. It doesn’t seem heavy enough to be wood. I may have to make a ‘dig’ in it to see what it is but for now, let’s assume it’s a composite material of some sort.

I’ve contacted LiquidNails.com (twice) and they can’t recommend one of their products or even a competitors product that I can use to glue/bond the gingerbread to the post and soffit. They tell me that one of the surfaces needs to be porous. My gingerbread is sealed and finish-painted. I know I can probably hang them up w/90 degree L-brackets. I want to avoid that and use a combination of ‘pins’ (inserted/screwed into the vinyl and soffit) which are then ‘slipped/slid’ into pre-drilled holes in the gingergread (for stability). I just need some sort of adhesive to work with my pins.

Any ideas/thoughts???

Jay J -Moderator

PS: God Bless America!

Steve S.

J. Jay,

Nice to see you back here. Have you tried rockler.com, they have a section on adhesives

Also, have you tried that gorrilla glue? I have never used it, but it supposed to be great stuff and weather/waterproof.

Just some random thoughts.

Good luck with the rest of the exams! -Steve

Jason

Greetings Jay J.
      (I’m not going to say Moderator because Steve has broken me of that)

Anyway, What brand of gingerbread are you using?

I would think if it was high density foam, you could pre drill pilot holes and then with a larger bit drill a counter sink the size the head of the screw. Use only aluminum or stainless steel screws.

This should hold and allow for movement.

I’m glad to hear you are doing well.

Thanks for the update.

Regards,
      Jason

Leo Morrison

I am finishing my Gazebo and would like to finish it with vinyl gingerbread but have been unable to find a source.Would you know of a company that sells vinyl gingerbread. I would really appreciate your assistance. thanks again Leo Morrison

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.