• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Unregistered-chazcat99

I have a 7 year old goodman propane furnace that does not light. The HSI is not getting voltage. There is power from the 24v transformer. The control board LED is solid for a few seconds, then flashes three times periodically. This is for the basement. The upstairs unit works fine, so there is a good gas supply. Does anyone know the meaning of the diagnostic code? What could be wrong?

Unregistered-steve1332

I have a 3 year old furnace that did the same thing. I removed the upper cover which seems to give the flame more air flow and never had the problem again. It’s not pretty with the cover off but it works.

Unregistered-Nancy

We have a Goodman Furnace that is also 7 years old, that 3 weeks ago, started not lighting.

We had a repairman come out and he determined that there was no power coming out of the circuit board. So, he ordered a circuit board and came and replaced it on Nov. 17, 2004, at the tune of $185. The furnace then ran for 24 hours and quit again.

We had a spare ignitor on hand. The installer had told us (7 years ago) to always have an extra ignitor around, so we did.

Today, Nov. 19, 2004, my husband replaced the ignitor, and the unit started running again.

So, my suggestion would be to try replacing the ignitor assembly before replacing the circuit board.

So, now I am ordering another ignitor so we will have it on hand when this happens again.

Thank the Lord, we had backup heat (no electricity needed) because of course the furnace quit when the temperatures got down in the teens!

Of course, there was a 5 years warranty on the parts. The ignitor lasted 7 years, so no warranties allowed.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.