• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Rachel Meyers

We live in Brooklyn and felled a tree in front of our brownstone because the roots were damaging the foundation. We call the tree a “weed tree” and sometimes it’s called a ghetto elm, but I don’t know its official name. Now that we’ve felled it, we’re stuck with the stump (about 10 inches in diameter)and the roots. How do we get rid of the stump and roots so we can plant a nice new tree that will not damage the house?

LJ in TX

sounds like a pretty old/large tree stump one option is to have the stump/roots ground by a tree cuttting company or expert…or you could try saving a little cost by renting the stump grinder and doing the grinding your self…need to be careful in operating the grinder but I think a DIYer could operate it and do it safely. the slower ,,less costly approach is to go to a garden center or home depot and get a liquid stump killer…that will slowly over months or longer to rot the stump away. hope this helps. LJ

Joe

Like LJ said,that would be your two choices of doing this project.The other thing is the roots and your sidewalk.Being born and raised in Cypress Hill,Bklyn I know that the roots have damaged your sidewalk and they will still grow for awhile under there.You may want to consider getting an estimate for the removal and a few slab squares of concrete.Good Luck

john gamboa

Is there a easy way to remove a fig tree,tree truck, from the ground?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.