Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jrsilvestri
      Participant

I have a side door into my garage. When ever We get a heavy rain I get water seepage inside the gargage under the garage door treshold – bottom part of the door frame. There is a cement slab on the outside of the door for entry into the garage. I recently installed gutters and had a rubber strip installed on the outside bottom of the door – my thought was that rain water was bouncing off the cement and getting under the threshold. It did not work. The door is built into a cement block wall with door indented about 3 inches. There are no apparent leaks in the framing. Thanks for your help

Jasper
      Participant

1. Is the water comming in from under the door? On a dry day, close the door, get a hose and spray the water onto the door area. Hole the hose up in the air and come down on the door with the water. Water will get in if you spray it directly into the gap under the door.
      2. Perhaps the water comes from the slab and drains into the door. Does the water pool up near or against the door?
      3. Is the treshold sealed onto the condrete slab? It could be comming in under the treshold..
      Adios… Jasper

Jasper Castillo

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.