Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Chuck

I have a 1995 Craftsman chain drive garage door opener that is no longer operating correctly. When trying to lower the door, the motor starts and the door moves a couple of inches down, the motor then stops, and the light blinks several times. I have a feeling it has to do with a malfunction of the Safety mechanism that prevents the door to close if it encounters resistance. No resistance exists though. When disconnected, the door moves very smoothly. I have bypassed the wall switch and the electric eye sensors with the same results. The remote openers have the same problem. Any ideas on what to try next, what the problem might be, what to do to fix the problem myself, and does Sears sell parts if it needs a part.

Thank you in advance for any expertise anyone can share.

Jack

The site for Sears Parts is http://www.searspartsdirect.com/
      They have parts list for lawn mowers, vacumns,etc and I would guess for openers also. It is great site and worth looking at for reference and you can order from it. Sorry can’t help on the problem you are hving.

Andy

I’m having the same problem with my craftsman opener, what did you do to fix it??

Andy

I’m having the same problem with my craftsman opener, what did you do to fix it??

John

I have the same problem. Replacement of the logic board and opener wall-switch, which costs about $75.00, did not fix problem. Still working on it.

Bob

I can get it to code one or the other transmitter but not both at the same time. Please help.

Thank you,

Bob

Mike

Installed June this year, yesterday light on wall switch started flashing, will not do anything. Door will operate from both remotes and outside keypad. Took wall unit down, shorted the wires and door moved. Is my wall switch bad already or am I not coded in reight somehow?

Jude

I have continually had problems with the two remotes that operate my Craftsman automatic garage door opener. Periodically, for a couple of days – the remotes will NOT open or close the doors – only recourse is to physically open and close doors from wall control. Then for no apparent reason – they work again for a period of time….. Any ideas on what the problem might be?????

TONY

I HAVE A CRAFTSMAN GARAGE DOOR OPENER THAT HAS THE REMOTE WALLMOUNT KEYPAD. I HAVE NEVER USED IT AND CAN’T SEE HOW YOU PROGRAM IT. COULD SOMEONE GIVE ME A HAND….THANKS.

Phil Garrison

Receiving unit green light is not lit. Tried realignment, no result. Door operates freely if detached from trolley. There are no obstructions to the light beam. Green light flashes at on the back of the opener motor. Pressing red reset button stops the flash, until the you attempt to close the door. Realignment attempt after pressing reset, no result. Door can be closed by holding in the wall button, but will not close with remote or keypad.

Is it possible the receiving unit is bad ?
      Can the receiving unit be purchased seperately or only in sets of sending/receiving ? Is there anything I’m missing ?

Door stopped working with no apparent outside influence. ie sensors knocked out of alignment or obstruction to cause it to reverse.

Armando Adame

I have a craftsman door opener and had to put new springs on my garage and now one of my remotes do not work and i forgot how to reset.HELP!
      The model number is 139.53675 srt2
      Thank You

cook

the opener light doesn’t come on,whats wrong?

John S

When door is disengaged from the operator closing the last six inches is very difficult. Same thing happens when operator is engaged. Could springs be causing this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

jean

Until yesterday my Craftsman garage door opener worked just fine. Now the door will not open or close (using either the wall mount or remote). The motor goes on (light is on) but the chain does not move. The door does open and close manually.

Thank you in advance for your help on this.

Julie Bauknight

My garage door opener is not working. i pulled it all apart and discovered that the motor is running and turning the cogs, but that cog is no longer touching the cog that turns the chain to pull the door up. how do i go about fixing that? thank you.

June

My garage door opens fine when leaving the garage and closing it from inside the car, but when I want to enter the garage again it either stops part of the way up or doesn’t go up at all. Sometimes after about 5 tries it will finally go up. Could it be the sensor? Help!

camran

Garage opener make noize but door not opening

help me please

Amy

I have a wall mounted opener for a Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener that I need to change the code to. Does anyone know how to reprogram the wall unit?

PAULETTE

our sears garage door won’t open. some times it

just humms and doesn’t move. other times it just sits there and the light blinks. my husband has tried everyting to get it to work. it is a chain drive. thanks.

Atul Andharia

Hi,

I successfully installed the Craftsman Garage Opener bought from Sears. Everything works fine but when I push the button to close the door, there is a jerk at the chain pulley. I tried by adjusting the speed for Closing Door. But no effect.

Has anyone idea what needs to be done to fix this problem ?

Garage door opening works perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance.

– Atul

joaniezb@insight.rr.com

My keyless pad will not open the door, I replaced the battery and still it does not work. The keyless pad is about 9 years old.

Thanks,

Joan

Handyman
      Participant

It seems everyone has issues with their garage door. Whether it is the remote control the motor or the spring.

discussions.tommmymac.us does not recommend the changing of the Torsion spring by a do it yourselfer. However if you are interested in seeing how it is done here is website devoted to it.
      http://www.truetex.com/garage.htm

How do I program my garage door opener?
      The instructions at these links work for just about all brands:
      Liftmaster
      http://www.usdoorcontrol.com/kbase/liftmaster-main.html
      Genie
      http://www.usdoorcontrol.com/instructions.php?genie

How to buy a Garage Door Opener?
      http://www.ehow.com/how_110395_buy-garage-door.html

How to trouble shoot a garage door opener?
      http://www.ehow.com/how_115961_troubleshoot-garage-door.html

Installing a garage door:
      http://discussions.tommmymac.us/Search/?q=garage+door&s=6

Where to buy a garage door opener?
      http://discussions.tommmymac.us/ProductServices/SmartBuys/SmartDirectory/Tools_HomeSecurity_and_GarageDoorOpeners.html

Unregistered-TomClark

This thing is ancient. Anyway it’s been working great for the last 17 years we’ve been in the house. Now it doesn’t respond to the switch or the remote correctly. When you press the button to activate, it starts up or down depending. But when you release the button, it quickly reverses. After a few times hitting the button, holding it for a certain time, it will go correctly.
      Any ideas appreciated.
      Thanks

Unregistered-patti kalich

i had this problem be very careful please i couldnt understand why my door wouldnt open it kept stopping when door was only 1 foot off the groend i played with it looked at it tryed again and again finaly i noticed that it almost was going through the roof on one side i lowered it and it wa all caulked funny 3-4 inches on one side and 1 foot at least on the oppisite one of the gaurds had come out which made it come out of the track on one side only there for it had no guidence . all of the sudden bang like a bullet something shot across the room a thick bolt had busted inhalf because of all the presure it went clear across from the oppisite side or the room to right past my head probably would have gone thr. my house past my yard over the strret if there wouldnt have been walls blocking it i didnt even see anything just heard it and found it the next day . it would have killed me if it were only inches to 1 foot to the left . dont mees with it get others in that can completely look it over very carefully before anyone one trys to work on it they are very dangerous because of the pressure, patti

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.