Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      forward
      Participant

8 year old Bryant furnace the pilot gets blown out at ignition (when the fire moves and blows itself out). Service technician does not know why since the furnace is clean and pilot is strong. He installed a reignitor near the pilot so it reignites the pilot when it is off. The reignitor works somewhat but when the fire goes out a few times then the temperature at the sensor decrease and shuts off the gas.

What is the reason for the unstable initial fire? Is there a solution to this?

Thanks.

Unregistered-BobF

I think you need to contact Bryant. Obviously the service tech doesn’t have a clue.

Anonymous
      Participant

I doubt I can identify something the tech has not checked but if you mean the pilot flame goes out when the burner comes on then that is sometimes too high of a gas pressure. When the gas comes out of the burner it’s pulling air for combustion too strongly. Sometimes moving the pilot further from the burner helps.

Unregistered-NewChick

We had the same problem. It turned out to be a flaw in the design of the furnace (Bryant). They installed a kit that was purposely made to correct the problem. It seems that there was too much air movement from the fan, and it was blowing out the flames soon after starting. It occasionally still does it, but only once in a blue moon.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.