• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      programmergeek

I made a ramp to my shed using concrete and slate. I basically poured the concrete and laid the stone in it, looks good. Now I want to make a walkway to it the same way. About 35 feet long. How do I do this? I look at sidewalks and they have breaking lines and places for expansion. How far apart do I put these points? Should I use steel rebar? Are there any good sites on this? HELP…

Jay J -Moderator

Hi programmergeek,

Since you’re doing this job w/o any ‘experience’, I suggest you visit the book store and look for books labeled something like: Sidewalks and Patios, or Patios and Porches, or Walkways and Driveways. This is the type of book you want. I don’t know of any good WEB sites on this (but I’m sure there are), but take some of the money you’re saving in doing this job yourself by investing in a GOOD book or 2. It’s money well spent!!!

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: Time/Life and Reader’s Digest, both, make DIY books. The Home Centers have them too, and they have SPECIALTY books too (like Plumbing, et. al. …)

mike

how to seal flagstone

Robert LaGoe

I have laid 2 tons of flag stone in an area where the grass doesn’t grow.

Now in the process of digging up the dirt and sinking the stone to the near

level of the dirt. My question is what material do I place between the

stones and how much. Do not want to use any

concrete. Thinking of a gray sand (stone is

Tennessee Sandstone) but do I need some sort of

sealant to keep it from washing away in heavy rain? What else is

available?

RANDY

I WOULD LIKE INFO. & TIPS ON MAKEING TABLE & COUNTER TOPS AS A HOBBY WHAT IS PROCESS TO MAKE SMOOTH ? WHAT TO USE FOR SEALER & SMOOTH FINISH ?

Belinda Jeffcoat

i would like to lay a stone pathway with no cement or sand materials. i would like to have the grass grow between the stones. i would like recommendations of placement and leveling, and any other things i might need to consider. thanks for you help.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.