• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      stephen

i recently purchased a house that has a fireplace. it had a steel firebox which was connected to 4 vents in the brick mantle(I think its called a heatalator). apparently, the cap on top of the chimney was not there for awhile because the back of the steel box was completely rusted away allowing smoke through the vents into the house. i cut the steel out totally exposing all the bricks,including the vents.what is the best approach to fixing the fireplace?

Melody Lowman

Our fireplace is missing the covers to the heatalator fans. The fireplace is made of native Texas limestone and the fan outlets are at the bottom. They are 12inch. by 9inch. opennings and the prvious owners must have “eaten” the covers/vents. We would like to replace them with something attractive such as cast iron or black metal. Can you suggest where we might find such a thing?? Thankyou, Melody

Melody Lowman

Our fireplace is missing the covers to the heatalator fans. The fireplace is made of native Texas limestone and the fan outlets are at the bottom. They are 12inch. by 9inch. opennings and the prvious owners must have “eaten” the covers/vents. We would like to replace them with something attractive such as cast iron or black metal. Can you suggest where we might find such a thing?? Thankyou, Melody

DAVID HAMAR

I AM SEEKING GUIDANCE ON FIXING A RUSTED OUT HEATALATOR THAT LET SMOKE INTO THE HEAT CHAMBER AND OUT THROUGH THE VENTS. I WANT TO KEEP IT AS AN OPEN FIREPLACE. THANK YOU.

Kevin M Kane

I bought a home that has a wood burning fireplace built into the home. The fireplace is made of mental inserts with 12″ flume piping that goes through the ceiling. The face of the fireplace has a screen blocking. I believe the fireplace is a heatalator. What I want to find out is whether I can buy and install a new fascia piece that is both doors and screen

David Van Dyk

I have a heatalator Fireplace. and was told by my gas company that it should not be used with gas logs.

I would like to change it back to a wood burning fireplace but need to get new walls due to the hole made for the gas line.

Where can I get Heatalator products also looking for glass doors.

Brian Schaeffer

i recently purchased a house that has a fireplace. it had a steel firebox which was connected to 3 vents in the brick mantle(I think its called a heatalator). apparently, the cap on top of the chimney was not there for awhile because the back of the steel box was completely rusted away allowing smoke through the vents into the house. What is the best approach to fixing the fireplace? I am open to converting to gas or keeping it wood burning.

Timothy Loder

I’m a steel fabricator and I want to build a heatalator for my fireplace since I dont have one built in I’m intrested in design ideas I want to keep my fireplace open. I want to use as much heat out of it as possible with out totaly sealing it. Pictures and drawings would be prefered…

YELENA

i recently purchased a house that has a fireplace. it had a steel firebox which was connected to 4 vents in the brick mantle(I think its called a heatalator). apparently, the cap on top of the chimney was not there for awhile because the back of the steel box was completely rusted away allowing smoke through the vents into the house. i cut the steel out totally exposing all the bricks,including the vents.what is the best approach to fixing the fireplace?

Skip Keasler

find several questions concerning subject fireplaces such as repair and parts availability-

can I access answers

thanks,

skip keasler

brian granger

how to convert to a wood stove

arlene

We have a tolotti air tight home heater insert and the fans are very tired.We dont know where to get replacements for them.The model # is 988656 and was manufactured in 1984.If they cant be replaced can we fix them. Thanks for the help

ed

On the inside of the fireplace, the fire brick are loose and some have fallen out. How do I repair or put back the fire brick so they stay inplace?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.