• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Joyce Labender

Most all my walls in my 4 year old home, has fine soot and fly ash. This was determined by lab analysis. My insurance company and myself have trying to figure out the cause. I have had contractors, furnace people and the builder come out to find the cause. It is not the heat exchanger in my furnace, don’t think it is cracked heater ducts, according to one duct man. I make my own candles, but rarely burn them. When I do it’s only for about 20 minutes of less.

The areas of extreme soot is on my catherdal ceilings in the living room, the wall joyces, large areas just on the ceiling, large amounts above the entry way into the house, total sooty areas in the living room down stairs. I have two gas burning fireplaces but according to trial and errors, and experts they are not the culprit. Can you come and see my home and determine the cause? I am just getting too many differences of opinions, and I want my walls clean. Just need to find the cause.

Thank you.

Joyce Labender. 253-863-3067 Bonney Lake, Wa. 98390

BobF

Are you willing to pay for someone to travel to your home? I live in SoCA. Joking, of course.

Candles will create a lot of soot and since you have eliminated all the other sources, I would vote for that.

BobF

Are you willing to pay for someone to travel to your home? I live in SoCA. Joking, of course.

Candles will create a lot of soot and since you have eliminated all the other sources, I would vote for that.

Joyce Labender

I discovered the same black soot in my downstairs hall closet. It is under the stairs and holds my Christmas decorations.

It was recommended to me to place vent filters under the vents, which I did for 7 days. No soot on the filters. It was recommended by the city building inspector to have a gas stove inspector inspect my gas fireplaces for twisted wires, etc. The gas fireplaces were checked out and there were no problems. The inspector said all this fine soot and fly ash could not be caused by candles. What else could it be, besides candles, which I rarely burn?

Is there something wrong with the house structure? Is it too tight? Where else do I go for answers?

Thank you for your time.

Joyce Labender

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.