• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul

Where can I purchase breakers for a Federal Pacific Electric Panel, and would the newer ones be more reliable than the orginal “No Blows”

Rocketmanallen

I worked in maintenca at a local Hilton (early 80’s) the new wing addition had all Federal Pacific breakers….you have to work on wirinf live at Hotel (the rooms are strung in series back the the panle box, so if you kill power to one the bank of rooms go out (Iknow bad design)…my boss was repairing a bathroom light fixture anf shorted the hot to groung with his needle nose…it sheared of the end of the pliers…he told to go down the hall and rset the breaker…It hadn’t even tripped….we called in a company to test them all and 95% of the breakers were faulty and would not trip.

lg

do an internet search.

homebild

You can get Federal Pacific replacement breakers from any professional electric supply company, or have them ordered for you through them.

There is a single company that bought the rights to manufacture FP replacement breakers in the US (whose name escapes me at the moment) but they are manufactured to appropriate standards and operate properly.

They are not cheap, however.

I recently purchased a standard 20 amp breaker and the price was nearly $40US for this one single pole breaker.

I guess that is the price of not having any market competition for this particular product.

Tom Smeal

I found them at Sears Hardware for $21.99/each for the thin, single pole type. Made by American.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.